Love those 4 day work weeks. In this case, it was a Monday holiday so I thought it would be a challenge finding a hike without lots of people. But it was not 🙂
I said that I’m not a fan of virtuals and yet I completed a few this week. LOL
Last Week –
- Monday – As I mentioned last week, since I had today off, I decided to sleep on our boat so I could get an early start.
First I had breakfast at the marina (see pic below for my view) and then I went for a run on my usual route.
Next on my plan was a hike. I got some recommendations and choose Mt Severance which was about 30 minutes away. It had nice views, a big parking lot and though it was straight uphill, the trail was well marked.
Since I was nearby to Schroon Lake, I decided to stop and walk around town. The wind had really picked up. My hubby made the right call not to go boating today.
- Tuesday – I was planning on a rest day. But this week was quite busy work-wise. I wasn’t able to get out for an early morning walk and I had a ZOOM scheduled for after work so I decided to run my virtual 5k during lunch.
As I mentioned last week, I have been struggling with speed. This week was even worse. I can give a lot of excuses – tired legs from the day before, no shade, warmer, more humid yada yada. But I got it done and I have 6 more to go.
I am actually seeing my college friends more often thanks to ZOOM.
- Wednesday – A busy work day and a rest day. I didn’t even get out for a morning or lunch walk so after work I was determined to go hiking. I decided to go visit the trails that was on the plan for the next day. There were several loops you could take but I wanted to get to the end and see French’s Hollow Falls. The trails started out with just grass and then changed to woods around the lake. I couldn’t figure out how to get to the Falls so I just turned around and took a shorter (yet more challenging) way back. Then I drove to the Falls.
- Thursday – Rain was predicted for today. I had wanted to get in a run but I knew that it might not happen. It rained on and off all morning. And it was POURING at lunch. So NADA.
But it finally stopped raining by the time I ended work. For our weekly Sole Sisters after work trail walk, I suggested a new place, Vosburgh Trails (which I had previewed the day before).
- Friday – Rest Day Friday. Normally. But I hadn’t run the past two days. So I decided to run during lunch since it was cool and breezy (didn’t realize until too late how humid it was).
And of course, I ended my day with my weekly walk on the rail trail with former co-workers. We walked 5.66 miles or 9.11K to honor this day!
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Today we were back on the rail trail with brunch at Emma’s. With no real races on my schedule until maybe February, I just try to connect with friends, run some miles and eat good food each weekend.
The weather was perfect for running. In fact, when I started it was chilly (in the 40s) but it quickly warmed up and I shed my gloves and arm warmers. I ran 2 quick miles before Deirdre arrived. Then we ran 10 miles (30:30 intervals) together. Debbie joined us for a few miles (and finally Heidi). Then they decided to add another mile. I could have quit but I figured why not just go for it.
I ate back all the calories burned at brunch.
- Sunday – Normally Sunday is my day to go boating with the hubby provided the weather cooperates. I can’t complain because we’ve had some great boating Sundays.
Today the weather was iffy (and my hubby had a tennis match) so we decided to skip it. I went on a hike instead. It was great… all alone in the woods but met up with the race director from the virtual race that I did. He remembered me since I usually run the race (and win my AG). We talked racing, of course.
I only walked about 2 miles. Weeding was on the schedule for the afternoon and another hike.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day, walk with friends
- Tuesday – run, STEM walk
- Wednesday – rest day, chiro appt, trail walk
- Thursday – run, walk with BFF
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, Boating on Lake George
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races yet? Are you looking forward to Fall? Please share.