I guess I’m tapering for my next half marathon but it don’t feel like I have been training. It was a very busy work week.
I continued to experience only minor foot discomfort. Hooray!!
Last Week –
- Monday – I started the day with a PT appointment. She worked on BOTH feet and calves…. I hope to be done with PT next week!!
A little tired because I stayed up until midnight to register for this:
And one of my favorite author’s special day:
So he inspired me after work to go for a run. I was solo since my friends were busy 😦 Warm temps but windy and no rain!!!
- Tuesday – Another after work run…again hoping for no rain. It was really dark when I finished work so I made the decision to run right away instead of waiting for Chris to get out of work. And it was a good call as it started to pour as soon I finished my run.
- Wednesday – I would normally call it a rest day but I would not be able to run the next two days and I was anxious to try out my Hokas. Today I did run with Chris at UAlbany. Neither one of us felt peppy but we got it done.
- Thursday – Finally a rest day due to an after work eye appt. I ordered new glasses. I normally wear contacts but my glasses were old. Maybe now I’ll wear my new cool expensive glasses (or not?)
- Friday – Another rest day and my weekly mah jongg night (and going to bed too late.)
- Saturday – My last long run before the NYC Half. I ran on the Corning Bike Path with some of the Sole Sisters ( and Stan.) Since I skipped my 11 mile long run and shortened my 12 miler to 11, I had decided to run 10 miles rather than 8 but then I wound up with 11.5. One mile solo, 5.5 with Stan and then 5 with Chris and Deb. The miles with Stan were way too fast so I left him to run the rest of his miles with Sherry. It was colder than previous days but when the wind was at our back and the sun in our faces, it was quite comfortable. Afterward we joined the others for brunch.
In the evening (after errands, laundry), the hubby and I went out to dinner with my stepson and his wife. Yes, more food (but I did run 11.5 miles!!)
- Sunday – Lost an hour of sleep but gained an hour of daylight. Started the day with mega cooking for the week. Then decided to celebrate International Women’s Day with another run with some of the Sole Sisters. We returned to Corning and got accompanied by some dogs!
.After my run, I met some friends to go to the movies.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – am PT appt, rest day, pm Dr appt, FRW ambassador meeting
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – rest day, chiro appt.
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, bus to NYC, bib pick up, carb loading
- Sunday – Race DAY – NYC Half Marathon, refueling, bus home
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone training yet for a big 2020 race? Who’s running the NYC Half Marathon? Are you a Dr. Seuss fan? Have you seen any good movies lately? Please share.