Back from my weekend in NYC and my first long race of 2020…and now training for my next in a month, a race-cation in Bermuda!!
Last Week –
- Monday – MLK Holiday so a day off from work… and recuperating from the weekend!! Also I went for an evaluation at PT to try and get rid on my annoying foot pain. She says it is nerve impingement (not necessarily a neuroma) caused by my tight right ankle muscles and poor posture (especially being on the computer all day.) She scraped, massaged, rubbed on CBD oil, used electronic stimulation and gave me exercises to strengthen my quads. We’ll see… Fingers crossed.
- Tuesday – My legs felt great but it was cold and I decided to postpone my run and ride the bike at the gym instead.
Afterward I met my BFF for a walk around the mall. Unfortunately I returned home to news that my good friend had lost her battle with cancer.
- Wednesday – Back to PT. Similar experience to Monday (but no CBD oil). She also worked on my calf. Next Monday, she is going to try using the laser treatment.
Since I had not run since Sunday, I decided to test out the foot. Unfortunately, my favorite path was snow-covered so I ran on the roads alongside it.
- Thursday – Another run day. This time at UAlbany with Chris. It is so much easier when you have company. We chatted the whole time.
- Friday – Rest Day…and then mah jongg in the evening,
- Saturday – Long Run Day with my Sole Sisters (although many of them were in FL or busy). Very happy to find the path at the Crossings clear. Managed to get 11 miles in and brunch before the rain started.
That evening the hubby & I went out to a fancy dinner to finally celebrate our anniversary. (Sorry no pix.)
- Sunday – Rest day…catch up day around the house..lots of errands.
I managed to do some biking at the gym and went for a walk on the local trail.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – PT, run (Delmar)
- Tuesday – run (UAlbany)
- Wednesday – rest day, PT
- Thursday – run (UAlbany), dinner with tennis friends
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Polar Cap Race (4m) + 8m??? OR
- Sunday – Winter Series #5 (4.5m or 10m)?? – depends on what I run on Saturday
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Anyone training yet for their first 2020 race? Who’s joining me in Bermuda? What’s new with you? Please share.