A short work week but I was in NYC AGAIN!!! And then off to RI to visit an old friend (college roommate, travel buddy, maid of honor) and to run a Half Marathon.
And NYCM Training continues, of course.
Last Week –
- Monday – I had planned to either race a 5k or volunteer but for once I didn’t register early. It rained on and off all day. Instead I took a rest day to do fun things like laundry, errands, cleaning. More tiring than running…
- Tuesday – Off to NYC by train. I had planned a rest day and a movie but I didn’t run on Monday and the weather was awesome so I decided to run and postpone the movie. Started around 50th and ran uptown along the Hudson until 96th and then headed into Central Park. Eventually walked back to the hotel.
- Wednesday – Long work day with rain predicted. As usual, no rain so ran a bit on the High Line
and then went to the movies.
A fun flic especially for someone like me who is training for her first marathon and like Brittany, it happens to be NYC. But it was not as much about running as about how it changes your life.
- Thursday – Day 3 of work and running. Pooped but managed to run to meet Cari and Elizabeth for dinner. And saw the most amazing sunset. How lucky am I?
Then I walked all the way back to my hotel.
- Friday – No run due to the train home after work and then to unpack and re-pack. Engine broke down on the way, had to return to Penn Sta and then no power…3 1/2 hours late returning home 😦
- Saturday – Long drive to RI to visit my college roommate, Valerie. She recently retired and built a big house on the water and has been wanting me to come see it. She alerted me that it was 20 minutes from a half marathon in September. Last year I was running in Montreal, but this year..no excuses (except the timing with work stuff sucked).
- Sunday – Race Day – Surftown Half Marathon. I had planned to run this race before I signed up for NYC Marathon so it then changed to a training run. Good thing because it was hilly but still it was a beautiful course. And I got to meet two fellow bloggers – Kim & Michelle.
Afterward we went to Newport and walked around.