Normally I feel good after a half marathon but apparently the hills and my lack of training made my quads feel like I had been run over by a mack truck LOL
However, running was the last thing on my mind. My stepson’s wedding was this week!!
Last week –
- Monday – So today was the first meeting of the Freihofer Challenge Training group. I had signed up for the advanced group long before I got injured. I now planned to show up and just say “hi” to my friends.
There was FOMO, of course, so I compromised and started a run/walk with the Intermediate group. My legs felt like lead and I quit halfway and ran back with another friend (not part of the group). Listening to my body…a new thing.
- Tuesday – Still resting and had my post race appt with my chiro. She was very happy and we will just continue with maintenance appts before my big races.
- Wednesday – Resting was over. Could not skip running with friends and warmish temps.
- Thursday – No time to run. Today I had to go to the wedding rehearsal and then to dinner after.
- Friday – I had planned to run before my hair appt. but it was raining/snowing so decided to sleep in instead.
Wedding Day. It was beautiful. Everything worked out perfectly and we all had a blast.
- Saturday – I thought about running this morning…for about a minute. Too much fun the night before. Instead I went to a birthday party/knitting/coloring gathering with my tennis friends.
Followed by the last of the Wedding functions – a family lunch at the newlyweds’ home. (Yes I can eat two lunches in one day!!)
- Sunday – Too much eating the last three days so I needed to run. Unsure of how many miles my leg could take. 11 miles was on my schedule and Jen offered to run with me. She is super fast and training for a sub-2 half. So we met at the rail trail and ran together for a while. I let her go and I ran solo. Then we met for brunch afterward.