Another slow running week but an improvement over the week before and an improvement in the leg pain.
Last week –
- Monday – 3rd ART appt. more scraping and pressing and intense pain. No pain, no gain, right? I even got this addition. Plus no running for at least 2 days.
- Tuesday – A long day because I was working as tech support for NYS Bar Exam. I had planned to run after but my chiro forbid it so I went to the gym instead. 30 min on the bike, 30 min on the TM (slow walking) and some arm machines. Iced my leg after. Yes, I’m being good but not a happy camper. Good thing it as a COLD blustery day!
- Wednesday – After work, I went to my 4th ART appt. It seems that in addition to a sore calf, I have a tight ankle and extremely tight fascia. I guess I’m getting my money’s worth from my chiro. I had hoped to go to a Fleet Feet event where runners/walkers took the brand new Cloud Swift running shoe out for a test run while searching for ON-Running Balloons that were placed not too far from the store. But the run got cancelled due to a snowstorm and my chiro wouldn’t allow it anyway.
- Thursday – Day #2 at the Bar Exam and I was hopeful that I would finish in time to go to Cat Yoga. I don’t do yoga anymore but I couldn’t resist something with the word “cat” in it.
I got out of work early. So tempted to run but I was good and stopped at the gym to walk on the tm then headed to yoga. I can’t remember the last time I did yoga. It’s been years. But not running much does have advantages, more time for things like this. (Who am I kidding, the old me ran 3 miles before yoga class.) Anyway, it was loads of fun. The cats walked around, on your mat, stopping for pets. It was hard not taking one home.
- Friday – Last day at the Bar Exam. I had time for a chiro approved short run before my evening mah jongg game. And my Sole Sisters we’re able to join me. Win win.
- Saturday – ART Appt. #5 (due to being away all of next week.) Still little improvement on the calf front. She tried some new tricks and looked at my tight IT band and hips this time, as well. Unfortunately it interfered with my Long Run day. But according to the weather forecast, it was supposed to be lousy out but it was not. Instead, I went to the local running store and bought a new pair of running shoes. I decided that I should wear a shoe with more support …so Mizuno Inspires it is. We’ll see.
- Sunday – Postponed long run. I was lucky and Sole Sister Barbara agreed to run 5 miles with me. Since it was just the two of us, we stayed local and ran around the neighborhoods where we live. My calf still felt annoying but less tight the longer I ran. It was actually my quads that were screaming when I added 3 more miles after Barbara left. They are not used to this low mileage. Anyway, I was psyched in the improvement of my leg (the shoes??)
2 weeks to go until NYC!!
This Coming Week –
As you can see, my running plans are up in the air….I want to be trained for the NYC Half Marathon but I also do not want to worsen my leg pain. However, I will be in NYC!!! See my dilemma. There are some family stuff going on as well which may impact my trip to NYC or my half marathon.
- Monday – ?? miles, train to NYC for work (probably a rest day and a walk on the High line)
- Tuesday – 3 miles in NYC (hopefully in CP with Cari)
- Wednesday – ?? miles in NYC (probably another rest day and a walk)
- Thursday – 3 miles in NYC (hopefully a run along the Hudson)
- Friday – rest day , train home
- Saturday –
Running of the Green race, ART appt #6
- Sunday – Long Run (10 miles??) – 1 week to Go!!
As they said “All good things must come to an end.” So thank you to Tricia, then Wendy and Holly for the Weekly Wrap. It was awesome and will be missed.
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
And also linking up with Jenn @ Runswithpugs, Brandi @ Funnerrunner, Anna Louise @ Graciouswarriorprincess, Briana @ Matsmilesmedals, Meghan @ Meghanonthemove, and Elizabeth @ Trainwithbain for #RIOTS(running is our therapy)
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Anyone nursing a sore something? Anyone run in Mizuno Inspires? Please share.