Remember how I signed up for this race months ago, planned a vacation visiting friends who live nearby…
Then this happened:
- Losing my registration fee for the race (no refund, just can register for another of their races…great if I lived in Fla.)
Update: I complained on FB and now they say they will refund my money 🙂
- Not running over a bridge twice with a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Two different friends who are staying in Singer Island would be cheering me on.
- Was planning on attending a Mets spring training game afterwards.
- Am staying for 2 nights after in Delray Beach – not too far away
- I could have gone to Fla. at a different time and run a different race (and be able to run the NYC Half this weekend)
- Brew-2-Brew (see my lemonade below) is an inaugural race (and you know my past experience with those…RnR Brooklyn comes to mind among others.)
- No reviews or course info, etc about said race.
- More $$ needed to spend on registering for this new race.
- I don’t drink beer!!!
This my LEMONADE:
Vero Beach’s first ever Brew-2-Brew 13.1 mile, half marathon.
Beginning and ending at the local owned Walking Tree Brewery.
I could have skipped the race thing entirely or I could have cancelled my trip but instead I MAY sign up for this race. (I haven’t registered yet since the numbers for this race are low. )
- I was able to book another hotel with my points.
- I’ve never been to Vero Beach.
- My sister-in-law lives in nearby Sebastien.
- I will be running a half marathon!
- My training will not go to waste.
- My vacation will be a race-cation after all.