Last Week: Race Week
- Monday – Still summer temps but since I am Not participating in the Turkey Trot training group, I made plans with a former participant to meet for a run.
- Tuesday – Tennis for the first time in a long time because I was working locally and not out of town. It was fun re-connecting with my Tuesday tennis buddies for tennis and dinner out.
- Wednesday – Today Alyssa and I met for the last time before our Sunday race and the last of our hot summer weather. We sweated and planned on an extra half mile for our ice cream post run treat.
- Thursday – I couldn’t decide if I wanted 2 or 3 days rest. Since I had time before my dinner out with tennis friends, I thought of about running but went to the library instead.
- Friday – I rode to Corning, NY (our race-cation location) with Judy and Jan. It was a long drive so we stopped to take a walk in Glimmerglass Lake State Park and then in Cooperstown for lunch.
After we checked into our hotel in Painted Post, we had dinner and then I relaxed in the hotel for the rest of the evening.
- Saturday – Rest day and a day to carb load. After the expo and lunch, Alyssa and I went to the Glass Museum and then walked around town. Then in the evening we went the race sponsored dinner where we stuffed ourselves with pasta and listened to the inspiring speaker – Dave McGillivray.
- Sunday – Today I ran my 28th half marathon – the Wineglass Half Marathon. I loved the course and enjoyed sharing the experience with new and old running friends.
After the race, I rode home with Christina, Kerri and Judy where we chatted about running and a possible repeat experience next fall.
20.1 miles done.
This Week: Recovery & Work = #HoLottaRest
- Monday – rest day, STEM group?
- Tuesday – rest day, work travel to Buffalo, run in Buffalo???
- Wednesday – work in Buffalo, drive home, rest day
- Thursday – rest day (or morning run?) and hair appt
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5K race + 6 more miles
- Sunday – rest day, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.