Every Wednesday, the Deb from Deb Runs will be providing a word about which to blog. Kind of like a nice little blog prompt. Posts can be fitness or health related, but don’t have to be, so really anyone can play along. Just be sure to link up with InLinkz on Deb’s main post, and share the love by reading and commenting on other’s participant’s posts.
This week’s word is:
Macmillan defines “Radical” as “doing something new and very different from the usual way.”
Am I radical??
- Is it radical to start running for the first time at age 55?
- Is it radical to run a 5k race several weeks into a training program when you’ve only run 1 mile so far?
- Is it radical to run a half marathon when you’ve only run 5k races?
- Is it radical to run a 5k as your first run after ankle surgery?
- Is it radical to run two 5ks with a foot stress fracture?
- Is it radical to finish a 5k after breaking your foot?
- Is it radical to go on a race-cation by yourself?
- Is it radical to hike solo?
I don’t consider myself “radical” but I do enjoy a challenge.
Happy Running! Are you “radical”?
You are so active and so committed to your races — I admire that!
Thanks. I wasn’t that active when I was your age so I admire that in you
You are kind of radical, if you ask me! Crazy how many races you have done…post injury/recovery. Great job!!
I think you’re a bit radical–think about what women in their 60s are doing? Not running races…at least not many of them! Inspiring, really!
Thanks. I used to think 60 was ancient. But not anymore.