- Monday – My first day being unemployed. It’s amazing that when you have so much time, you get so little done. I did manage to go for a windy walk and then run with two friends.
- Tuesday – I decided to take advantage of my time off to play some tennis. I joined a tennis group at Prospect Park in Troy, met some new players and had a lot of fun. Then I went grocery shopping at Target. No running scheduled for today but I did register for some more races.
- Wednesday – Another gorgeous day. I played tennis in a round-robin at a country club, got my hair cut and then went for a short run. (I was supposed to run with a new friend but she had to cancel.)
- Thursday – Played tennis in the same place as Tuesday.
But I met some new women who invited me out to lunch. Well, we wound up talking for 4 hours!! About everything from tennis to running to fitbits to mah jongg.
After lunch, I met a friend to run. It was HOT!! The company was good but the run was not. Do not run in the middle of a hot sunny day after eating a BLT and sweet potato fries.
In the evening, I went out to dinner (at a Peruvian place) with a former co-worker and then visited with a good friend (who happens to be Peruvian).
- Friday – Day 4 in a row of tennis! I played today with a different group of women. It was near where I live so I could walk to the courts.
- Saturday – Ran 5k race. It was such a fun race because I knew so many runners there.
I had thought of going up to our boat but instead stayed home to catch up cleaning, weeding or other stuff around the house.
- Sunday – Ran my 2nd 5k race of the weekend. Definitely the smallest race I have ever run.
and then spent the rest of the day relaxing on one of the islands of Lake George with my hubby and 9 of our friends.
I decided to stay up at the lake on our boat so I could run up here in the morning.
14 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – 7 mile long run, hiking
- Tuesday – rest, tennis Am & PM
- Wednesday – tennis, 3 mile run with a new friend
- Thursday – rest, tennis AM, dinner with a former co-worker
- Friday – trip to NYC: 4 mile running tour of Central Park, MOMA visit, dinner with a fellow running blogger
- Saturday – rest
- Sunday – Adirondack Distance 10 m run, boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?