Hey, runners! Today is a holiday just for us!
I am linking up with Kristin at Jonesin’ for a run with a look into my miles and my second blog post of the day.
Why do I run ?
I started running because 2 friends talked me into it. But I continue to run because I enjoy it. It makes me feel younger, stronger and empowered.
How do I plan to celebrate National Running Day ?
I hope to run with the Freihofer Training Challenge group after work and I signed up for big race, of course.
How many miles have you run so far this year? Do you have a mileage goal for the year?
I hope to hit 1000 miles for the first time.
What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?
Before I leave for a run, I must have…
My iphone. I use the Runkeeper app for distance and I like to take photos with it. Sometimes I even listen to music on it. Of course, I have it in case of an emergency.
Do you track your runs? If so what do you use?
Yes, I record all my runs on Daily Mile and I use my Garmin 205 for races.
Who is your favorite running partner?
I usually run alone but I also enjoy sharing my runs with Barbara & Judy.
What races have you run so far this year?
- 1-01-16 – HMRRC Winter Series #2 – 3.5M
- 1-17-16 – HMRRC Winter Series #4 – 15K
- 1-31 -16 – HMRRC Winter Series #5 – 10M
- 2-07-16 – Sarasota Music Half Marathon (in FL)
- 3-13-16 – Celebrate Life Half Marathon
- 3-20-16 – Shamrock Shuffle 5m
- 3-26-16 – Ice Breaker 5k Challenge
- 4-03-16 – Delmar Dash 5m
- 4-09-16 – Bacon Hill Bonanza 5K
- 4-24-16 – Lake George Half Marathon
- 4-30-16 – Spring Run Off 10K
- 5-01-16 – Cherry Blossom 5k
- 5-07-16 – Mastodon Challenge 15k
- 5-08-16 – Mother’s Day 5K
- 5-12-16 – Albany Law Day 5k Against Domestic Violence
- 5-14-16 – Summer Smith 5k Addiction Awareness Run
- 5-29-16 – Vermont City Marathon Relay
If you have to give someone one piece of advice about running, what would it be?
Do it! You don’t have to be young or thin or fast. Join a group and start to run and then sign up for a race. You won’t regret it!!!
Describe your relationship with running in one word:
So that’s why I am also linking up with Deb from Deb Runs for her Wednesday Word post prompt.
Today’s word is EMPOWERMENT.
This is running for me!
I especially felt it during my last half marathon.
Happy Running! How did you celebrate Global Running Day? What empowers you?