- Monday – Ugh! A rainy day but I took my umbrella and got my tulip fix.
The rain stopped so I could run with my Freihofer Training group. Since I had run a 10k & a 5k over the weekend, I decided that I had done enough speed work. Instead I ran with the Intermediate group for 8-9-8 minutes with 45 sec walks in between. Perfect. Of course, I added more steps in the mall after.
- Tuesday – Another cloudy dreary day. I couldn’t go for my walk since I had to leave work early to go my GOTR practice 5K. It was so much fun even though we ran around the building 12 times. My girl was very speedy for the first 4 laps but then, as expected, she got tired and we walked several times after that. Still we finished 2nd and she was thrilled.
- Wednesday – Rain, rain, rain. Too busy at work for a walk, too. Yes, it rained all day and I was dreading my run with the STEM folks but miraculously, it slowed to a drizzle and then stopped. We had a great run. They are up to 8 minutes of running and 25 on Friday. A month away from their first 5k. They are planning a flash dance as entertainment after the race. I don’t know…I think I’m too old for those kind of moves.
- Thursday – Still cloudy. Haven’t seen sun in days and hadn’t walked since Monday. But the rain had stopped so I went for a walk to the park.
After running 5 days in a row (though truthfully, the last 3 runs were with training groups and involved a lot of walking), I decided to rake 2 days off completely and rest up for Saturday’s 15k.
Instead, I went out to dinner and a movie with my BFF as an early birthday celebration.
- Friday – Sounds like a broken record but it rained all day again. I did nothing but work and play mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – The weather turned out great for this 15k. I just ran it for fun…ignored the steep hills and walked/ran while totally enjoying the views and chatting the second half with the sister of a former student. This was the first race that I ran with someone else and though it wasn’t fast, I had the best time ever.
I rushed home to get ready to spend the rest of the day walking around the Tulip Fest with Amanda & her sons – bouncy-bounce play, making music instruments, pony rides, feeding the animals and ice cream = 4 hours of fun.
- Sunday – The day started with pouring rain. I was supposed to run this 5k as a GOTR running buddy but Jayme did not show. Instead I paced another running buddy’s middle school daughter in her 2nd 5k. That was not part of the plan (since I did run a hilly 15k the day before) nor was the cold & wind that arrived after the rain had stopped.
Again I rushed home from the race to spend the rest of the day with my mother-in-law, stepson & girlfriend, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and husband. Boy, did we eat a lot!
This Week: (3 weeks until Half Marathon #20)
- Monday – FRW Challenge Training Group (3 miles), b-day dinner out?
- Tuesday – rest or 3 easy lunch miles, tennis
- Wednesday – rest, hair appt
- Thursday – 5k race after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5K race+ more miles
- Sunday – rest, b-day dinner with hubby at the lake
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races? Did you have a nice Mother’s Day?