I am older than most, if not all, running bloggers.
But when I run or race, I feel that we are on an equal playing field. Of course, younger runners usually run faster. (So do some older runners.) However, I do beat many runners that are younger than me. And that makes me feel good. At the ripe old age of 61, I feel that I can still get faster and stronger.
So today, I will definitely run. I am not sure where or how far or how fast. But I will run.
A few years ago on this day, I posted the reasons “WHY I RUN”:
- because it makes me feel good
- because it makes me feel healthy
- because it makes me feel active
- because it gives me time to be alone
- because it gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment
- because it makes me feel young
- because it makes my day start better
- because it makes a bad day end better
- because it helps me enjoy the fresh air and the scenery
- because I have met awesome people who are runners
- to inspire others to become runners
- so that I can eat more ice cream and desserts
- so I can listen to music I like as loud as I like
- as fast or slow as I want
- until I feel like stopping
- wherever I choose
- alone or with thousands of others
- to support a cause
- to get a medal
- to a get a tech shirt
- because I can
They are all still valid.
Happy Running! Did you run today? Why do you run?