DONE!!! So now I am free to rest!
You know I won’t be idle. I’d still like to get in 6 miles a day of movement. As usual, it may be 3 one day and 11 the next. But at least I don’t have to post it anywhere!!
Last Week –
- Monday – #NeverMissaMonday? Not really but it just happens that my long runs are on Saturday so I run on Mondays most weeks if the weather and work cooperate. I found the solution to running now that the heat has returned. Turn on the sprinkler after your run and run through it several times. Why did it take me so long to figure this out?
I headed to the park at lunch to escape the heat.
After work, I hit the trails. It’s become a tough decision on where to go (first world problems)…what type, how far, how long, how difficult? I thought I had picked my trail – Hannacroix Ravine but there was a thunderstorm warning in that area so I headed in the opposite direction and walked the Waterfalls Trail at Rensselaer Tech Park. It started to rain just as I finished…phew!
- Tuesday – A busy work day. No walk or run before work (because I did NOT get up early enough lol) and only had time for a short walk at lunch.
And due to temps and humidity, I decided on a rest day from running and explored a new trail instead – Winn Preserve.
On such a warm humid night, I felt like staying on the trails. Two more were on my way home so I stopped. First Wolf Creek
and then on to Bozen Kill.
- Wednesday – I started the day with a short run. I thought it would be cooler to run before work. Maybe the temps were cooler but it was incredibly humid. I was a sweaty mess (and I don’t sweat much).
Then I got in a walk in during lunch. For some variety, I drove to the rail trail.
After work, I met my running friends for our weekly trail walk. We re-visited Five Fivers and chose a different trail from last week. As much as I love the peace and quiet of the trails after a hard day at work, it was nice to have company and I walked a lot longer than I would have if I were alone (almost 5 miles).
- Thursday – I was debating on whether to run before or after work. I decided on after so I could drive and run somewhere different. I wish I looked the weather before I made that decision. It was coolish & cloudy in the morning and then got sunnier and warmer as the day went on.
So there were walks before work and during lunch.
I decided to run at the Crossings after work since I hadn’t been there in ages. Boy, was I low on energy during this run. Can’t blame it on anything…I just didn’t have it. Some days are like that.
- Friday – Rest Day Friday. As usual.
After my God awful run the day before, I decided to just relax in the morning and eat my breakfast outside listening to nature. Ahhhh!
I did take a walk during lunch.
And after work, I met my former co-workers on the rail trail as I do every Friday evening. We started at different point than past weeks. No chocolate popcorn bought and eaten this week but lots of steps and conversation 🙂
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. We were back to the local rail trail. A smaller group than usual due to family commitments but I still got in some solo miles and heart rate/interval/run miles with Deirdre, Deb and Jan for a total of 10 miles (planned on 12 but just wasn’t feeling it). Of course, I followed it with chocolate milk and French toast from Emma’s with Chris and Sherry.
- Sunday – Boating on Lake George. Another perfect day.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – hike
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, trail walk
- Friday – rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, tennis party on the Schroon River
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? How are you surviving the summer heat? Please share.