Do I continue training for a March 17 Half Marathon (check out my Ultimate Coffee Date post for an update on my situation) in case I find a substitute one in Florida on the same date or do I just run whatever until spring (when I will start training for my May 19 Half Marathon)?
Last week –
- Monday – Snow returned. Wind and cold temps, as well. We can’t catch a break this winter. Not knowing what the busy week would bring, I forced myself to run in town (and I froze!)
Afterward I met a former coworker at the gym. You heard that right. I went to the gym.
- Tuesday – Off to Buffalo for work. I arrived early in hopes that I could find somewhere to run especially with a snowstorm on the way. It was cold and windy but I got it done.
- Wednesday – A long day at work. Too dark, too cold, and too much snow to run on the streets. I could not bear to run on the hotel treadmill so nada for today.
- Thursday – Another day similar to the day before. But I decided to take on the cold, wind and snowy-covered pavement.
- Friday -I was planning on a rest day because of the long drive but another snowstorm kept me in Buffalo for an extra night. Out of boredom I took to the treadmill before dinner.
- Saturday – Almost 30 degrees!!! Of course not even the snowy sidewalks could not stop me from running before checking out of my hotel and driving 5 hours home.
- Sunday – My original plan called for Hot Yoga. But since I didn’t get home Friday as expected, there was too much to do. Instead, a rest day to catch up before I take off for 5 days of work in Queens. (It rained all day so I wasn’t even tempted to pound the pavement.) But at least I went out with the hubby for an early Valentine’s Day dinner.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – train to NYC for work, 4 miles??
- Tuesday – work in Queens, 3 miles?
- Wednesday – work in Queens, 3 miles?
- Thursday – work in Queens, rest day, evening webinar
- Friday – rest day, train home from NYC
- Saturday – 10 mile run?
- Sunday – HMRRC Winter Series #5 (4.5 m)
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? Please share.