Yes, I am late to the party. When I run alone, I used to listen to music. But I got tired of the same old same old tunes and decided to try listening to podcasts – running ones, of course.
Now I am addicted. In addition to running with them, I listen to them on LONG drives (and for work, I do a lot of them.)
So here’s my TOP FIVE:
1. Run This World– this one is done by Nicole DeBoom who is the founder of Skirt Sports. Her podcasts last as long as the average 5k run (that’s what she says but many are much longer) and her guests are so varied and yet motivating. Each one ends with the guest’s “nugget of advice.”
2. I’ll Have Another– I love listening to Lindsay’s guests – she interviews mostly women – some are well known but many are not. And they all have a story to tell (about running.)
3. Another Mother Runner – The Podcast – The host is Sarah Bowen-Shea but Dimity is often on it as well. I’ve met these two women in person and they are so entertaining. It’s no surprise that their podcasts are as well. In addition, to stories about their own running and families, they share their love of reading.
4. Ali on the Run Show – I’ve always loved her blog and I’ve enjoyed all the guests that she has interviewed so far (she even recently interviewed Kara Goucher!) The podcasts last over an hour so I’ve used them during my long runs. She also has added some shorter ones for weekday runs.
5. The Human Race – put together by Runner’s World magazine. There are 29 episodes and unfortunately, there will not be any new ones. In each one, Rachel Swaby has a runner tell their story.
so I am adding one more that I just discovered to replace The Human Race after I’ve listened to them all.
6. Diz Runs Radio – He has recorded almost 500 podcasts. I’ve only listed to a few but the ones I’ve heard were so inspiring and his guests were just ordinary runners like you and me.
Happy Running! Do you listen to podcasts while you run? Do you have any others to recommend?