Since today is Tuesday, I’m linking up with these wonderful ladies:
Today’s Topic is: Summer Running Gear
It’s finally that time of year. I thought summer weather would never arrive!!
So here’s what I need to run in the summer months:
- Shirts (or tanks) made of breathable fabric – no cotton!!
- Skirts. I find them cooler than shorts and less chafing.
- Cap to keep the sun out of my face. It also keeps my (unruly) hair off my neck.
- Sunglasses. My eyes are very sensitive to the sun and I wear contacts so this helps if it is breezy, as well.
- Cool Max Socks – I am prone to blisters so this is important to me.
- Water Bottle – It may not be necessary when the temps are cooler but you should drink before you get thirsty. Dehydration is no fun.
- Insect Repellent – Mosquitos seem to always find me and if you run in areas where there are ticks, you should always have bug spray on hand.
- Body Glide – Don’t forget that if you chafe, in the summer when you sweat, you chafe even more.
- Sunscreen – I always use it on my face but am pretty lax on the rest of my body once I have a tan. But if you are prone to sunburn, don’t forget to apply it and re-apply it if you sweat a lot.