- Monday – For the past 33 years, my friend (former co-worker) & I had gone to breakfast at the race track.
Sometimes after breakfast and watching the horse warm up, we stay for the races. We did this year and had a lot of fun betting – mostly successfully but I don’t bet a lot of money so I don’t win a lot of money.
Afterward we decided to stop off at the casino cuz I had never been. Beginners luck had me winning $77. We celebrated with ice cream.
- Tuesday – After another day of car shopping, I ran at the Colonie Town Park and then played tennis.
- Wednesday – We finally got the rain that we needed but the result was oppressive humidity. I was running with a friend which made it more bearable.
- Thursday – I played tennis in the am and I couldn’t believe how humid it was!!! (I don’t know how you Southerners do it.) Since they predicted a heat index of 100 degrees, I reluctantly ran (3 slow miles) on the treadmill at the gym. Then worked out with a friend, went out for dinner and a walk on the rail trail.
- Friday – AM tennis was cancelled so I did stuff around the house. Then I went with my hubby to pick up his new truck. We had two parties to go to – one at our marina and one for the hubby’s tennis team. Yup, we managed to go to both. (carb loading for my race the next day, right?)
- Saturday – Ran a HOT, HUMID, HILLY 10k.
After the race, I headed up to spend the rest of the day at my friend’s house on the Schroon River. This was a “knitting” weekend. Rained on and off all day so only managed a walk. Perfect knitting weather.
- Sunday – I got in a run before everyone got up. After breakfast, I talked them into 2 hikes.
- Monday – 4 mile run, hiking
- Tuesday – AM tennis, tennis pizza party, PM tennis
- Wednesday – 4 mile run with a friend, mall walk with bff, mini golf /dinner
- Thursday – AM tennis, pool party, 4 miles with a friend
- Friday – AM tennis, rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5k race + 7 more miles
- Sunday – boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?