Every Wednesday, the Deb from Deb Runs will be providing a word about which to blog. Kind of like a nice little blog prompt. Posts can be fitness or health related, but don’t have to be, so really anyone can play along. Just be sure to link up with InLinkz on Deb’s main post, and share the love by reading and commenting on other’s participant’s posts.
This week’s Word is ADJUST
I wasn’t going to post today because I already did but this word just is so appropriate.
As runners, we have to ADJUST.
- Adjust our running because of family, friend or work commitments.
Sometimes I’ve had to change the time of a run or miss a run. It’s not the end of the world. Other things can be more important than running.
- Adjust our running because of the weather.
It’s snowing or raining so we run slowly or indoors.
And then there’s the clothes. You thought it would be warmer. Or you thought it would be colder.
- Adjust our running to run with a group or another runner.
Sometimes, in a group, I struggle to run faster.
And then you run with a friend who is much slower. But you adjust because it is more important to have their company.
- Adjust our running because of race conditions (ice, snow, hills, etc.)
- Adjust our running due to injuries.
We all get injured. Sometimes we run while recovering and have to adjust. Sometimes those injuries pop up in the middle of a race.
- Adjust our goals due to any of the above.
We may have a goal to PR but the course is hilly or the weather is lousy. Or even worse, we are injured!
Happy Running! How have you had to adjust your running?