The Foodie Pen Pal program is organized by Lindsey over at The Lean Green Bean. In case you’ve never heard of this program, here’s what it’s all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your pen pal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail.
- On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Pen pals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your pen pal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Pen pals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only.
It seemed like fun and maybe another way to meet new bloggers and to focus on healthy eating. I actually like to do the shopping as much as the eating.
I received my package from Rochelle at Aprons and Stilettos. (Check out her blog…she has some AMAZING recipes!!!)
Look what I got:
A big thanks to Rochelle for the goodies. It was great to try foods that I wouldn’t have otherwise bought! All were delicious! (The hardest part was keeping my hubby away from them!!)
If you’re interested in participating, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form! The deadline to sign up will be May 4th.