If you are new to my blog, this was me during my 10 mile training run on Dec 29, 2011:
Five months later, I am on the road to recovery (I can walk without limping) and I want to say that it hasn’t been all bad:
- Less laundry – no running clothes or tennis clothes or yoga clothes (and sometimes all 3) to wash each day
- Fewer bags to carry to work – no running gear bag or tennis gear bag or yoga clothes bag to lug into work
- Easier to park your car – my handicap sticker came in handy cuz it’s free to park with it at the beach
- More time with friends and family – I now eat dinner with my hubby every evening
- Save money – no race fees, no gels to buy, my running shoes are not wearing out
- Learn something new – I now know how to knit
- Discover other ways to exercise – I walk at lunch and ride my bike on weekends (I never did this before…)
- Eat healthier – in order for my ankle to heal faster, I started taking vitamins, eating more fruits & veggies- I didn’t have to carb load so although I haven’t run in 5 mos, I haven’t really gained weight
- Get more sleep – no getting up early to run before work or to race on Sat, no coming home wired from tennis & staying up too late
- Teaches patience – I am NOT a patient person…I do things right away and I want instant results so I guess this was a test (I may have still failed, though)
- Find out who your friends really are – I am truly blessed…I have received many cards, gifts, meals, loads of support, etc.
See I can write a positive post…more on my first attempts at running to come!!
Happy Running! If you have been injured, can you add anything to the list?