If you remember, I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to this half marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My training was to have begun on July 4. It did not. I was injured. 😦
I feel like I am starting all over… and this half is in less than 6 weeks!!!!!!
So now what?
For Half Marathon #3 on Schroon Lake, I plan to:
- Enjoy the weekend at my friend’s house on Schroon River.
- Go to my 1st Expo.
- Meet up with running friends.
- Encourage & be happy for my running friends.
- Take lots of pics (so I’ll be prepared for next year).
- Run/Walk (walk a lot esp the hills) the 13.1 miles.
- Not run it and get re-injured!
- Cross the finish line running & smiling (without looking at the clock).
- Get my finisher medal (so finish under 5 hrs).
- Have fun… and not be depressed or disappointed!!
Any advice for entering a race that you haven’t trained for?
Has anyone ever walked a race?
How do I be patient and walk when everyone else is running?
Does this count as a Half Marathon for me?