- Monday – Back in the frigid NE. I decided to squeeze in a run before tennis because the rest of the week looked even worse weather-wise. Although it snowed Sunday night, the path is always cleared at UAlbany.
- Tuesday – I was scheduled to play tennis again so I decided to skip the run and went shopping instead.
- Wednesday – Another busy day but I was able to squeeze a run into before our STEM celebratory dinner.
- Thursday– Colder and windier. I wimped out and cancelled my run with Alyssa and went shopping. Good News!! The battery in my iPhone (it kept shutting off when it got cold – hello I run in the winter!!) is defective and they replaced it for free!!! 3 hours in the mall without a phone = torture!
- Friday – Rest day #3. I celebrated by mentee’s birthday at Canvas, Corks & Forks. We ate (mac n cheese bar), drank, painted and laughed. Then went out for dessert.
- Saturday – Rest day #4. Total slacker. Snow, sleet, rain. A day to start addressing those holiday cards and wrapping the presents.
In the evening, we had our annual tennis ladies party. Always a fun time!!
- Sunday – Started the day with brunch with Judy & 2 other running friends.
After doing some errands, I braved the cold and wind and ran 6 miles.
Then in the evening, went out for appetizers and drinks with a friend. (Maybe I should have run more than 6 miles LOL)
12 miles done with 3 runs and 4 rest days (Still on a training break)
- Monday – rest day, tennis
- Tuesday – 4 mile run
- Wednesday – rest day, dinner with a friend
- Thursday – 4 mile run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 6 mile run, lights in the park with Amanda & sons
- Sunday – rest day, holiday with the fam
Once again, I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
Happy Running! How is your running going?
It wasn’t an easy week to be a runner here. Training this winter will be interesting — those Yaktrax may come in handy (not sure mine are still good).
How true. I only wear my Yaks in the snow. I may be doing all my runs at UAlbany if we have a snowy winter.
I still hesitate to run over ice. The trails are useless because no one shovels.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was a pretty horrific week to get out and run. Kudos to you for doing it! Freezing rain is the worst. Here it was all snow all the time.
It’s hard to get motivated. Maybe it’s age. It didn’t bother me in previous years and I always forgot how to dress.
That is great you are still being consistent! I want to be but the aches are keeping me down for now. It would be very tough to motivate when it is all snowy, I am very fearful if ice, be careful in it!!
Looks like you had a lot fun social stuff this week! The painting looks great.
Yes. It tough getting out there when it is so cold. I think a little too much socializing. But ”tis the season.
What a busy week! And yes the weather looks dismal – for me roads and ice don’t mix. I don’t mind running on a frosty field or trail. You still managed to get 14miles under your belt I added up!
I love those paintings!!! I want to do that some time 😉
You’d be great.
There is ice everywhere I run! I have a pre-dawn run tomorrow. Do I run inside? Or brave the elements. Stay tuned.
Outside I bet. Be careful.
Good for you for getting it done in the yucky winter weather.
I love the boating themed holiday card! I can’t imagine it would be difficult to talk you into a half marathon 😉 Well, you just had a big ol’ fun week of parties and food and entertainment. Totally jealous! I’ve always wanted to do the paint & drink art thing but our studio closed years ago. Thanks for linking, Darlene.
Should probably increase my running due to the extra calorie intake. But I’m not training for anything 😦
Ha you made it 3 hrs without a phone in the mall, you are beast! Loved the painting, Where will you put this? I have a cross I did and have in my living room.
I know. It was torture. I gave the painting to Amanda (my mentee).
LikeLiked by 1 person