Recovering from my recent HILLY half marathon.
But not too much recovery since I have another one in two weeks.
- Sunday – An exhausting but fun day in NYC. I ran the Fred Lebow Half Marathon In Central Park.
After the race, I walked with my friends (who came to the race) through the park and to brunch.
Then I walked back to my hotel. (The race ended on E102nd… my hotel was on W 39th.) 40,000 steps for the day.
- Monday – Though I was quite stiff the night before, I felt good today. I was even tempted to do a recovery run but decided that I should just go for a walk.
- Tuesday – Anxious to get back out running especially before the temps dropped. I had to go to the office for a little while so I decided to run at nearby UAlbany.
After work, it was warm enough for an outdoor walk with friends.
- Wednesday – Frigid but at least sunny. So I snuck out before work and as usual, it was such a nice way to start the day.
- Thursday – Another cold day. Even colder in the morning than the day before (-6). I decided to wait until after work to run. I dropped off a book at the library and ran in those neighborhoods for a change.
Then I met my BFF to walk around the mall.
- Friday – After running three days in a row, I decided that I should take a rest day. Just didn’t feel like layering up after work. So off to mah jongg I went. (Brain workout).
- Saturday – Today was my normal LONG RUN day but due to possible snow, low temps and the wind gusts, we decided to wait until Sunday. Another rest day instead.
We made the right decision… woke up to -11 wind chill and snow falling and blowing!!
And when you work all week, there’s lots of chores to do around the house anyway. Sigh.
I did get out later in the afternoon for a walk. Brr.
- Sunday – One of our running friends was running a half marathon in Fla so we planned to run with her virtually. Our routes for long runs are limited due to snow/ice so it would be the neighborhoods around The Crossings (again). I woke up to -7 wind chill so we’re waiting before we head out. My plan is 12 miles but I’ll see how many I get in (before hypothermia sets it lol).
Update, I waited awhile and the sun helped get me through the miles. But without any company other than my podcasts (due cold temps & injuries), I only ran 10 miles.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run after work
- Tuesday – run at lunch. walk after work with friends
- Wednesday – rest day, walk, dinner w/tennis friends
- Thursday – run after work
- Friday -rest day, walk, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (taper)
- Sunday – rest day, visit the Ice Castles in Lake George, dinner out
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Fred LeBow Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How are you dealing with winter running so far? Please share.