The house was still a disaster zone. Not just the kitchen but now the family room, as well.
Finally, I had a Saturday without a race scheduled so I was able to do my long run in preparation for my next half marathon.
- Monday – They started installing kitchen floor. After emptying the family room, it was decided not to put in a new floor…UGH! Instead we may either clean the existing carpeting or buy new carpeting (Either way, I’m NOT putting that clutter back!)
After work, I ran with the ladies in the FTC group. Always a good workout when running with others.
- Tuesday – Normally a walk day but I had a hair appt. after work and then had to rush home for a college reunion ZOOM.
- Wednesday – In the office today meant a walk at lunch. There were rain and thunderstorms in the forecast. Fingers crossed that they would start late.
There was also a SOAR group run scheduled but I decided instead to run at UAlbany and follow it with a walk with my BFF (We hadn’t caught up in a while.)
The rain did come earlier than I hoped but I was able to squeeze in a few miles near work.
- Thursday – I ran before work today since I thought that we would be walking the trails after work.
This week we had planned on the Water Tower trail (part of the Pinebush trail system) but many couldn’t make it so we postponed until next Thursday. Instead I met Heidi to run on the Corning bike path along the Hudson R.. The second run of the day made up for my rained shortened run the day before.
The kitchen reno is done for now:
- Friday – On the reno front, the kitchen was supposed to be measured for the granite countertops. I waited and skipped my lunch walk and they cancelled for the second time!!! Grrr
Not much other activity today. After work, my tennis friends and I had tickets to hear Aztec Two Step perform Simon and Garfunkel songs.
Of course, we met for a delicious dinner beforehand.
- Saturday – Back to half marathon training. Today I ran 12 miles with Sherry, Heidi and Deirdre. After, we met the others for brunch.
Then I rushed home hoping the countertop guy would show up. He did!!! Hopefully they will be installed in a week or two.
But I think going up and down the stairs to put stuff back in the cabinets (and de-cluttering at the same time) may have been more tiring than the 12 miles.
- Sunday – Relaxing in the sun on our boat…
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, trail group walk
- Friday – rest day, volunteer at packet pick-up
- Saturday – Freihofer Run for Women 5k (+5 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, boating/hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Malta 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Is the weather interfering with your runs? Please share.