So nice to have a four-day work week. Even nicer that I do not have to go back to the office full-time until Sept. 20!! Woo Hoo!
And even though I just ran a half marathon, I did sign up and run a 5k race. It was a race that I’ve done several times in the past (so why not?)
The majority of my week was spent on kitchen reno stuff…
- Monday – HOLIDAY! Day off from work! After a rainy Sunday, I was hoping that it would be boating weather. Since it was #nevermissamonday, I started the day with a run. I decided on the other end of the rail trail for the waterfalls and bridges and it being downhill on the way back. There were no DOMS from my recent half marathon. Always glad when nothing hurts.
We decided that it was indeed a boating day so we headed up to Lake George. It was raining when we arrived but then it turned out to be a picture perfect day on the lake.
- Tuesday – Work day at the office means lunch walk for Starbucks.
It was a rest day so I met friends after work for a long walk on the rail trail.
I came home to my new kitchen:
- Wednesday – Working today from home allowed me to get in my run during lunch in case the predicted rain happened after work.
Since the rain seemed to be delayed, I participated in a FTC group run followed by a smoothie tasting at the Athleta store in our mall.
- Thursday – Since I ran twice the day before, I bagged the idea of getting up and running before going to the office. Besides, it was raining in the morning.
There was progress in the kitchen…
I got in my office lunch walk (and Starbucks) since the rain had stopped.
After work, I met my friends for our weekly trail walk. We went to Thacher again but to a different (and hillier trail.)
And our favorite restaurant was open so we headed there after for dinner.
- Friday – Another rest day and day at the office. Got in a walk at lunch and after work.
Played mah jongg in the evening after a few weeks off.
- Saturday – Malta 5K. One of my favorite local 5ks. It’s nice to have races returning and to see so many familiar faces. And the weather was perfect, as well.
After the race, I decided to run some more to see what the 10k course was like. I’m glad I did not race it….. downhill and then uphill the last few miles.
After 4 miles or so, I decided to continue my run on the Zim Smith trail.. I parked at Leah’s Cakery but changed my mind and ran in town. What a cute town and a nice change of pace.
- Sunday – Decided since our home was already a mess to replace the carpeting in the family room with the same flooring as in the kitchen. That meant emptying the family room (OY!!)
I did most of the packing up last night so that I could either go boating or hiking if the weather cooperated. The forecast was for rain up North so I chose to hike and head South. (Of course it was sunny and never rained. Grrrrr)
First I went to Mawignack Preserve in Catskill, NY. where Thomas Cole did most of his paintings.
It was only a mile hike so I drove to the Thomas Cole Historic Site. I just missed the 2pm entrance time and didn’t want to wait another hour so I walked the grounds and then over the Rip Van Winkle bridge. If I had more time (and not rain coming), I would have continued to Olana.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt., College friends ZOOM
- Wednesday – run, walkwith BFF
- Thursday – run, trail group walk
- Friday – rest day, CONCERT
- Saturday – LONG RUN (12 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, boating/hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Race 4 The River Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Tips for “Older” Runners
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Is the weather interfering with your runs? Please share.