The TT topic for today is: Benefits of Running With Groups
This one was easy for me because that is my preference and I am lucky to live in an area where I have access to many different running groups.
So here’s why I like to run with groups:
- It’s fun and inclusive.
You’re never alone. There’s always someone faster and slower than you. No one is ever left behind in group running.
- You will be motivated to run faster.
My long runs with other runners are always faster than when I run alone.
- You will be less likely to cancel.
Especially if you’ve paid for the training. Or people are waiting for you. And even if the weather is not ideal, you will most likely show up.
- You will make new friends.
You will then bump into them at races or make plans to race together.
- You may run at a location that you normally wouldn’t choose.
I’ve run at parks and in neighborhoods that I had never been to before.
- It will prepare for better for race conditions.
Yes, no one ever runs races solo.
- Chatting with others will make the miles go faster.
The funny thing is while we run, we rarely talk about running. But after…a different story.
- You may learn something new.
You’ll learn about new races or new gear and even get running tips.
I’m also linking up here:
Happy Running! Do you often run with a group? If so, what benefit(s) does it offer you as a runner? Please share.