Can you believe that I’ve worked from home for 20 weeks!!
And there’s no end in sight.
Not complaining because I have been able to run and walk in many different places and even with my friends.
But…NO RACES!! NO TRAVEL! Sad face.
BTW: My August Half Marathon just got cancelled, I think. I’ve already run it virtually in April. Hoping for a refund or deferral.
Last Week –
- Monday – Yes, I finally decided to run before work. Still rather warm but it takes the pressure off the rest of the day because there’s always a threat of rain. I also have more energy. Yeah, why not every run? Mostly work stuff and not wanting to run in the dark.
It threatened rain so I took my umbrella but the sun came out and it was pretty steamy during lunch (still cooler than previous days).
After work, I headed out in search of shade. I decided on Hollyhock Hollow Preserve and walked the outside loop. It was perfect and then I took a quick trip around the creek before I stopped off for an outside chat with a mah jongg friend (whom I hadn’t seen in ages.)
- Tuesday – With all my foot pain, I decided to postpone the shot as long as possible by cutting back. So I skipped my morning walk. But at lunch, it was less than 80 degrees for the first time in days so I decided that I must get in a few miles.
I only had time for a quick walk at the Pine Hollow Arboretum after work.
I got home just in time for the ZOOM Bastille Day celebration with my college friends (the ones I spent a year in France with)
- Wednesday – A beautiful morning for a run, cloudy, coolish but I am trying to baby my foot so I just went for a walk.
I even skipped my lunch walk but I was getting antsy by dinnertime so I headed for the trails. I decided on a new one – Holt Preserve. It was so nice!! I’ll be going back.
- Thursday – Another cool breezy morning… shoulda but I didn’t. I waited for lunch time (when it was warmer) and went for a short run. I chose to venture to a new neighborhood. How did it go? I came home immediately and made an appt. with my podiatrist. (Foot pain sucks!)
After work, I went on our weekly trail walk with my running friends. This week it was to Papscanee Island nature preserve (South entrance).
- Friday – Started the day with a podiatrist appt. Friday is my rest day from running and it was a rainy one anyway. I got my B12 shot and the pain disappeared so I celebrated with Starbucks and a walk in the woods.
The verdict on my left foot (neuroma) is that the shot helps but the pain comes back. My Dr does not recommend to keep getting shots. Instead, she wants me not to wait until the pain is bad but come back in 2 weeks (if I feel some pain) and start 12 sessions of laser therapy. The problem is that it not covered by insurance….
The sun came out but it was still breezy not too as warm as it will be this weekend so I took another short walk at lunch. I drove to the rail trail in town and cut over to the water line. And got home before the rain!
The rain was brief and so after work, I decided to hit the preserves before dinner. I chose three with short trails.
Though it was the day before, they had already hidden gnomes at each of the 19 preserves. If you email a photo of yourself with the gnome, you can win an ice cream gift card courtesy of the Summer Hike-a-thon sponsor Stewart’s Shops (my favorite ice cream!!) Score!!
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Back by popular demand was brunch at Leah’s so that meant our group run or walk was at the Zim Smith Trail. Some other running running friends were heading there as well.
I got there early so ran a mile and then ran intervals with Deirdre for 10 more miles. The heat really wasn’t as bad as I feared. But my feet HURT!!!
We gathered with everyone for brunch and ate and chatted in the park…there were 13 of us!! So great to stay connected with running friends!!
Guess what was waiting for me when I got home?
It was HOT, HUMID and I was pooped (and my feet sore) so I only tested them at an outdoor restaurant date with a friend.
- Sunday – Boating. Our hottest day so far this summer so the only place to be ws on the water.
Sorry I ate my ice cream too fast for a picture. I had to celebrate… didn’t you?
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, outdoor mall walk with BFF
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt
- Wednesday – run, trail walk
- Thursday – run, dinner with tennis friends
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are things opening up where you live? Are things getting more normal for you? Please share.