As things have opened up (We are in Phase 3), the temps have heated up.
That means getting up earlier to run before work so I don’t die and looking for shadier trails for after work.
But mostly everything is the same.
Last Week –
- Monday – As I mentioned, it was hot and humid. What I hate about running early is that it is boring to run in my neighborhood. Looking forward to cloudy cooler temps just so I can drive somewhere to run after work.
I went for a walk again at lunch…and almost had heat stroke lol
After work, I waited until the temps went down from 95 to 86 and headed for a shady trail. I re-visited Hanncroix Creek Preserve. When I arrived, people were leaving in bathing suits. I guess it is a popular swimming hole as well as a trail.
- Tuesday – Today I went for my walk before work instead of a run and then again during lunch.
I had planned to meet my BFF for a walk and talk so I squeezed in my run before that at UAlbany.
- Wednesday – It rained all night so the temps were a lot cooler in the morning so I should have run but instead I went for a walk since I was still debating about the evening Ice Cream group run.
I walked again at lunch. This time I drove to the nearby preserve (and put on a lot of bug spray).
WTH?…I drove to the Crossings to meet some others to run followed by ice cream.
- Thursday – Finally a rest day with a few short walks and an evening
adventuretrail walk with my running friends on tap.
Too much work drama to get my walk in before work and the temps were cool and perfect for a run (figures). I did get a short walk in at lunch.
Then after work, I drove to Peebles Island State Park. I walked a bit until everyone arrived …
and then we strolled around the island. We didn’t get lost. It was an island (but that fact didn’t stop us last time.) Lots of fun, as usual (and ice cream after.)
- Friday – Another rest day. A walk before work and then a walk at the Arboretum since I signed up to volunteer there after work.
Dinner out at an outdoor restaurant (for the 2nd time.) This time locally with a friend. Just a little bit of normalcy.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. This week we picked the Zim Smith Bike Path. Our reason was that we thought that Leah’s Cakery had re-opened and we wanted to buy our brunch items there (then we found out that you had to order your items 2 days in advance so we switched to Lakeside Farms just a few minutes away).
As with every long run, I am running longer than the others so I get there early and run and then hook up with the others.
Well, we discovered that Leah’s indeed had opened, so we hung out in the park, ate and chatted until the rain came.
- Sunday – Boating was on my schedule but the weather did not cooperate. Instead I planned an early morning hike with a friend. But she texted to tell me it was already raining. I decided to go solo and bring an umbrella and avoid the mud by walking on the rail trail (where I often run.) I headed to the end and it was no longer raining. And much to my surprise there was an exhibit of artwork dedicated to the pandemic. What a treat.
I walked and discovered some side trails (you see so much more when you are not running) and only truned back when I heard thunder.
Only a few drops of rain so I decided to continue my explorations until the real rain came. I headed into the city to visit the ground of Ten Broeck Mansion.
Rain kept threatening so I headed toward home and got in one more walk. This time at the opposite end of the trail trail. I walked until I hit the bubbling creek and then rushed back to the sound of thunder.
Last stop before I got home was to get my NAILS done!!! They took my temp, the salon was empty. Hair colored and cut and now a manicure. OMG. My life is complete…only kidding. (I could have waited since I work from home but self care is important, you guys!!)
While I was getting my nails done, the sky opened up.
It rained several more times but I was able to get in one more walk. Forecast for Mon, Tues and Wed is showers and thunderstorms!! Oh my…
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – rest day, trail walk
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are things opening up where you live? Are things getting more normal for you? Please share.