Marathon training is over..Back to normal running and racing.
Next big race is January 19…Fred Lebow Half Marathon in NYC (yup, I caved and signed up) and then February 16 …ZOOMA Half Marathon (Bermuda) followed by on March 15:
So training doesn’t really start until December. I plan to enjoy my downtime.
Last Week –
- Monday – After my 15k race on the previous day, I had planned to take the day off but with the impending icy mix forecast and a work holiday, I decided to indeed go for a run. It was cold and dreary but I chose a trail at Five Rivers Environmental Center and it was perfect.
In addition to de-cluttering, cooking (soup) and errands, I went a Hot Yoga class then out to dinner.
- Tuesday – Even colder than the day before and snow/sleet/rain mix in the morning. I am not enjoying this early winter. At least I had company for my after work run.
- Wednesday – Yet another frigid day but today the sun was shining. Unfortunately it is almost dark when I get out of work. But again I had a friend to run with. Due to icy conditions and darkness, we ran on that boring UAlbany loop. Although the temps were colder, no wind so it was more comfortable as Karen and I chatted about NYC marathon which we both had just run.
- Thursday – Finally a rest day and my monthly dinner out with my tennis friends. Always a good time!!
- Friday – Another rest day and a evening with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – A long run with my Sole Sisters. So nice to not have to actually run “long” since I am NOT training for anything….yet. There were 8 of us but I ran with Barbara. We all started at different times and ran different distances but I think every one had someone to run with.
After brunch, I rushed home because I signed up for my 2nd yoga class of the week. I wasn’t planning to but this one was designed for runners and focusing on lower back and spine. Yup, just what I needed. I plan to go again next month.
- Sunday – Rest day usually but I decided on a recovery run since the weather forecast for Monday looked iffy and Jeri (and her dog) wanted some company.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day
- Tuesday – run with friends at Ualbany
- Wednesday – train to NYC, run and dinner with Cari & Elizabeth
- Thursday – rest day, HAMILTON!!!
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – run
- Sunday – rest day, cat yoga
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How do you spend your time between races? Please share.