No work travel again this week. Just the normal stuff.
And it’s taper time for my NYCM training.
Last Week –
- Monday – I met some friends after work on the rail trail. They walked and the reason for our meeting was to say good-bye to one of the group who was leaving for Florida and would be gone until spring. I ran some and walked some.
- Tuesday – Rest day due to some rain. I had errands to do anyway.
- Wednesday – An after work run on the Corning Bike Path. I was exhausted and really did NOT feel like running but I had to agreed to meet a friend. I walked more than usual but it was great to get out there on this beautiful fall weather evening.
- Thursday – For today’s after work run I had two friends to run with and we were back on the UAlbany campus since it is convenient for all of us. Karen is also running NYCM so you can guess what we chatted about while we ran.
- Friday – Rest Day and mah jongg night.
- Saturday – Last long run before the marathon. If you can call it “long.” I only had to run 8 miles. My running friends were busy and I was solo so I decided to go to a place that I hadn’t run in awhile. Luckily I did find three runners that I knew to run with (from another running group) there. I ran 4 miles with Nancy, Barb and Sue and then 2 more with Barb. I planned on running 8 but Barb showed me a new path and we just wound up running 4 more. The scenery, the weather and the conversation were great.
I had planned on running around Peebles Island originally but instead I decided to take a walk around the island before heading home .. best decision!! I forgot how beautiful it is here.
We finally went out to dinner to celebrate my stepson’s birthday in the evening. Let the carb loading begin…
- Sunday – Today I signed up to volunteer at a Trail Race. I didn’t plan to run it and I do not volunteer often enough. It took place at Thacher Park, which I love. Forecast was for heavy rain and wind… and I woke up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach. A Big DNS. Sorry, ARE. I promise to volunteer at a future race!!!!
Finally watched (for the first time) Spirit of the Marathon and the Fred Lebow Story. Cried during both.
This Coming Week – Marathon Training Week 18
- Monday – run 4 mi., dinner w/friend
- Tuesday – run 3 mi, mall walk w/BFF
- Wednesday – run 2 mi.
- Thursday – rest day, hair appt
- Friday – rest and pack
- Saturday – rest day, train to NYC, expo, carb load
- Sunday – NYC Marathon!!!!!
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.