Yes. It finally cooled down – at least the temps did and we got rain. And it was also WEEK 4 for NYCM Training so my training did not cool down.
Last Week –
- Monday – Based on rain in the forecast and a tennis party after work, I decided that I would run before work. Easier said than done. Took 45 min to get it together but I got out there and it was delightful.
Rain cancelled the pool party but instead we just went out to dinner. As always, an enjoyable evening with great friends.
- Tuesday – More rain and a scheduled rest day because of an after work webinar and running planned for the next two days. Believe or not, I actually stopped for a quick workout at the gym on my way home.
- Wednesday – I decided to skip the SOAR group run (I wasn’t in the mood for speed drills) and enlisted my friend Heidi to accompany me at the Corning bike path. I ran 3 miles and then walked 3 miles with her.
- Thursday – I guess I’m addicted to trail runs. It was my third week in a row attending the ARE group run. This week it was held at Lawson Lake and was the muddiest and most challenging one so far. Still lots of friends, fun and food.
- Friday – Rest day and mah jongg evening. But I did take a walk during lunch…a productive one…bought my FIRST pair of Oofos (30% off), and some cute tops on sale at the Loft.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters. 10 miles on my schedule. As I did last weekend, I ran a few miles before I met everyone else and drove with Barbara to the Nisky Bike Path and ran more (followed by brunch, of course.)
- Sunday – Boating Sunday on Lake George – Hooray and another sunny warm perfect day. The storms that they predicted never arrived.