Last Week –
- Monday – Since I had run a race the day before and had a race scheduled for the next day, after arriving in Manhattan, trekking to and from Queens, I met Cari and we just WALKED (rather than ran) along the High Line (the rain even stopped)
and afterward we walked to the top of the Vessel. The plan included a sunset view but we got a foggy one instead. Still worth the steps.
- Tuesday – After a long work day, I rushed back to my hotel to change and then hopped the subway to run the Building Brooklyn 5K – an inaugural race in (hilly) Prospect Park. I was pooped but no matter what the outcome, I have never regretted a race. Definitely slower than the last time I ran this course but I won my age group and there was ice cream post race. So win win.
- Wednesday – No time for running since I had to take the train back home after work.
- Thursday – I actually cancelled dinner plans with a friend after work. I had hoped to run before work (and the rain) but I had a car appt. Instead I squeezed in a run followed by shopping and unpacking.
- Friday – Rest day because I was hosting mah jongg at my house (and had to clean).
- Saturday – It was a hard decision but I decided not to run a local 5k. Instead I met my Sole Sisters for a run. 8 miles done for Gabe. Of course it was followed by a delightful brunch.
Afterward since rain was predicted for Sunday, I drove up to the lake for a day of boating and relaxing.
- Sunday – Rainy day! Time to do some de-cluttering! And then lunch out for Father’s Day with the hubby, my stepson & his wife.