Back to my normal schedule…plus a weekday race and a weekend Half Marathon. Maybe not so normal to most.. lol
Last Week –
- Monday – Since my run got rained out the day before, rain was predicted for the afternoon and the day after, I felt compelled to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 am to run before work. It has been years since I have done a pre-work run. Besides being tired, hungry and over-dressed, it wasn’t too bad.
I felt guilty but I skipped my FTC group run… I am sure my die hard friends did the workout in the rain. (yup they did!)
- Tuesday – A rest day, only because it was raining and I had a chiro appt. I did stop off for a few minutes at the gym on my way home.
- Wednesday – I skipped the SOAR run two weeks ago but I decided to go today. It’s a new group of women runners that run in different locations every two weeks at 6 pm (perfect for those who work!) I chatted with some old friends and even made some new ones.
After the run, I rushed off to the mall where I met my BFF. We did some walking and gabbing.
- Thursday – For the third year in a row, I participated with some of my co-workers (and 10,000 others) in the Workforce Challenge Race. This year, at least they had corrals but it was still so congested for the entire 3.5 miles. Again, I ran just for fun and it was fun.
- Friday – More rain but a scheduled rest day. Just worked, went for a lunch walk (when the rain stopped)
Then stopped by the STEM celebration after and played mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Catch up day on the home front. Laundry, cleaning, weeding. Then we decided to take a trip up to Lake George.
We didn’t take the boat out for a ride but we walked to the Sagamore Hotel and had my belated birthday dinner out. I had to carb load for the race the next day anyway.
- Sunday – Today with some running buddies, I ran the inaugural Great Sacandaga Half Marathon. It was a little too warm (but no rain) and my long runs in preparation have been 3 miles so it turned out to be a struggle but in a good way. The course was challenging but I won my first trophy ever (even though my time was 2 minutes slower than my last half.) Afterwards, we all went out to lunch on the lake to celebrate.