- Monday – I arrived in NYC this afternoon for work. As soon as I checked into my hotel, I took off for a run. I headed toward the Hudson River. I planned on 3 miles but with all the stopping for lights and photo ops, it was 5 slow ones.
After dinner, since it was a warm evening, I went for a walk to Bryant Park and hung out there for awhile.
- Tuesday – It was pouring during my long walk to work. But it stopped so I could take a stroll during lunch.
That evening, I went out to dinner with some other trainers.
- Wednesday – I had left my work clothes at work the day before so that I could get up early and run along the East River before work. And it was amazing. I could have run forever but I had to return to work by 8 am 😦 )
After dinner (NYC pizza – yummy!), I walked to Times Square. I wanted to get cheap tix to The Big Comet, but when I found out that Josh Groban called in sick, I went next door and got tix for Dear Evan Hansen which was in previews. Great decision! The show as awesome (and tix were more than 50% off.)
- Thursday – Today I decided to bring running clothes to work so I could run during lunch. I ran the same place as Wednesday morning but a shorter route since I didn’t need to run as far to get to the river and I ran in the opposite direction.
I had still hopes of seeing Josh Groban but he was still sick. So I walked around Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park… Taking in this warm weather and walking ops. (Returning to normal life soon! 😦 )
- Friday – Last day of work in NYC. No running today but a walk to/from work and a long one during lunch.
Then that evening, I took the train back home.
- Saturday – Today I went to a 5k that I would not be racing. Instead I would be helping a STEM runner complete her first 5k. Much more rewarding than any PR I’ve ever had.
When I was done, though I didn’t feel like it, I ran some more miles so this could count as a long run. Thanks Judy for the company on 7 of those miles.
- Sunday – Rest day and catching up after being away for 5 days. Good thing since it seems like winter arrived. That afternoon, I played mah jongg and int he evening, we all went out to dinner (Chinese of course) to celebrate out 8th anniversary of playing mah jongg together.
25.5 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – last Troy Training Challenge Group Run (3-4 miles)
- Tuesday – 3 miles, tennis
- Wednesday – rest, mall walk with bff
- Thursday – 10K race followed by a 5K race
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – last long run (8-10 miles), hair appt
- Sunday – rest
Happy Running! How is your running going?