Yes, I had a great time eating, drinking, socializing, laughing, shopping, tanning… and just plain relaxing.
I just wanted to be running!!!! 5 months of NO RUNNING!!
I’ve had enough! Anyway, enough said…
- I rode a bike every morning between 8:30 and 10:30 am.
- There was a gym with an elliptical, bike and treadmill but the weather was too nice to be indoors. I kept waiting for rain but it never happened.
- I hit the tennis ball one day between lessons and it felt fine so I hit with the instructor for 45 minutes on another day!! Of course, he didn’t make me run for the ball.
- I found 2 paths with crushed stones and then one with clay (hard tru) and I ran out and back on them everyday…not sure how far (maybe 1/2 mi?). My gait is still awkward since my ankle is not fully bendable but I RAN!!!!
- I walked a lot…in town…on the beach.
- I wore sandals…yay!
Yesterday I went to PT for the first time in 2 weeks.
They said they saw a big improvement…I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes as usual but I was able to run for 3 min and 4 minutes at a time without walking!!!!
They said: “You are no longer sounding like a Clydesdale!!”
Of course, I replied, “When can I run outside?”
The answer: “We’ll watch your ankle on the treadmill next Wed and maybe you can run on a track!”
It’s all about the (still stiff) ankle!! Arghhh!